• Remove any clutter to give a minimalist, welcoming feel
• Wipe down window sills and clean out sliding door tracks
• Check for and clean any marks on internal walls
• Ensure kitchen cook tops and benches are wiped clean
• Make sure all light bulbs and fittings are in working order
• Ensure internal windows/glass/screens are clean, incl. mirrors
• Steam clean carpeted areas
• Paint or re-paint walls, in need
• Wash or replace curtains/blinds
• Remove dust build-up
• Always ensure that lawns are freshly cut and edges finished
• Place fresh mulch on garden beds
• Neatly trim trees around windows and doors
• Always empty bins and keep them out of site if possible
• Clean windows/glass on the exterior of your property
• Place additional plants to fill garden beds where needed
• Clean out any visible storage under the house
• Finalise any painting jobs on the home or surrounding areas
• Remove any clutter or rubbish from the exterior of the house
• Swimming Pools are sparkling and decking is swept clean
If you've got an empty house think about staging, it really brings a special emotion to your house "People buy homes not houses"
Great home staging maximises buyer appeal by highlighting a home's best features and minimises the less desirable ones, creating a lasting first impression.
If you want to sell your home faster and for the best possible price, then it makes sense to invest in home staging.
There are a few things you can do to modernise your home without spending lots of money. Kitchens can be updated by simply painting the kitchen cupboards in a light modern colour, updating the handles with a brushed silver look, replacing bench-tops only if need be.
• Update door handles with a brushed silver look
• Switch light/socket plates for a more modern look
• Fix visible cracks and consider a fresh lick of paint
• Dress bare windows with ready made curtains
• Add large mirrors to open up small spaces
• Update taps to a more modern look